I started this quilt as PhD write-up procrastination and now, two years after submission, it's finally done!
|Hidden Stars: Done and dusted|
Finished: October 2015
Size: Originally 135 x 135 cm now 190 x 190 cm (with sashing)
Quilt top: Oak Leaves and Reel by Moda
Backing: Old duvet cover from my grandmother's house (pieced together as it wasn't quite big enough)
Binding: Dark red lining fabric
Batting: Hobbs Heirloom wool batting
Quilting: Machine quilted in the ditch and diagonals, borders in diamonds and stripes.
Label: Foundation pieced 8-pointed star, hand embroidered
I'm very pleased with how the quilt label turned out and so glad I took the time to make a proper one this time - it turns a rather boring, plain backing into something rather pretty, if I do say so myself.
|Hidden Stars: Quilt back and label|
|Hidden Stars: shiny shiny star!|
|Hidden Stars: Going for a walk in the park|
Love, me x
P.S. I am linking up to Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts because I've finally got something 100% finished to show off :) :)